Mahle GmbH is an automotive parts manufacturer based in Stuttgart, Germany. It is one of the 30 largest automotive suppliers worldwide. As a manufacturer of components and systems for the combustion engine and its periphery, the company is one of the three largest systems suppliers worldwide for piston systems, cylinder components, valve train systems, air management systems, and liquid management systems.
The product lines of Mahle in detail:
· Piston systems: Aluminum pistons for gasoline and diesel engines, articulated and steel pistons for commercial vehicle engines, piston assemblies and complete power-cell- modules.
· Cylinder components: Piston rings, piston pins, connecting rods, cylinder liners, bearings and bushings for combustion engines and other automotive applications, piston inserts.
· Valve train systems: Machined and assembled cylinder heads and engine blocks as well as assembled complete engines, precision sintered parts and turbocharger parts. Complete valve train systems and their components.
· Air management systems: Complete air intake systems, air filter elements, crankcase ventilation systems, cylinder head and engine covers, carbon air filters, actuators, blowby heating, EGR- modules and mechatronic components.
· Liquid management systems: Oil filter modules, oil and fuel spin-on filters, fuel filter modules, fuel pressure regulators, inline fuel filters, carbon canister modules, heat exchangers for engines and transmissions, hydraulic oil filters, air driers.
The profit centers of Mahle in detail:
· Aftermarket: Products for engine service and rebuilding from the complete Mahle product range.
· Small engine components: Cylinder assemblies, cylinder heads, pistons, and filters for small engines of handheld power equipment, motorcycles, and power sports vehicles.
· Large engine components: Pistons and engine components for gas, diesel, heavy-oil, and multi-fuel engines for marine applications and energy production.
· Motorsports: Development and production of high-quality engine components for motorsports.
· Industrial filtration: Fluid filtration, fluid separation, oil mist separation, process filtration, and dedusting in general, industries, ship maintenance, for large engines, in industrial vehicles, and process technology.
· Mahle Test Systems: Vehicle and component testing, pressure/vacuum based leak testing, vehicle end-of-line testing, web based reporting, data loggers, assembly plant testing equipment.
MAHLE has a local presence in all major world markets. In 2014, some 65,000 employees at 140 production locations are expected to generate sales of around ten billion euros. At ten major research and development centers in Germany, Great Britain, the USA, Brazil, Japan, China, and India, more than 4,000 development engineers and technicians are working on forward-looking concepts, products, and systems.
MAHLE—driven by performance